Grand matou
Grand matou
Hors-ligne

Citer:
Haunted Hippodrome
Feb. 4, 2010

Waco theater confirmed as paranormal site

Courtesy Photo
Cindy Jacobson, a paranormal investigator, was a member of the team that confirmed the Waco Hippodrome is haunted. Jacobson has cited several sightings of "orbs" in the theater, such as the one in the top left corner of the photo above.

Cindy Jacobson walks to the bathroom in the dark Waco Hippodrome. Suddenly, she feels someone tug on her hair. She turns around to look for her husband, but she is alone.

Or is she?

By Caty Hirst
Staff Writer

With reports circulating that the Hippodrome is haunted, Brandon Burns, technical director for the Waco Performing Arts Company, agreed last fall to participate in a paranormal investigation conducted by McLennan County Paranormal Investigations (MCPI).

Mike Jacobson, founder and investigator at MCPI, said it is a Christian organization and all of the work done is pro-bono.

"We go into a place, not to prove that it is haunted, but to prove that it is not," Mike said. "Once we go in, we try to debunk what we can. What we cannot debunk is what we focus the investigation on."

Mike said they investigated the Hippodrome on Nov. 14 and Jan. 9. They confirmed Friday that the Hippodrome was haunted.

"Any time you do theater correctly, it will be haunted," Burns said. "You can't bring characters to life and expect them to go away."

Burns said he has personally experienced paranormal activity at the Hippodrome and was not surprised when the investigations deemed the building haunted.

"One of the reasons I agreed to the investigation was because I kept seeing things out of the corner of my eye when going up the stairwell," Burns said. "It is like a mob of people heading out of the building, and I see it more on one side of the building."

Mike also used to work as a night assistant manager at the Hippodrome in the 1970s when it was the Waco Theatre. He was in charge of climbing the catwalks to work the curtains.

"One night we went up there and I started up the stairs," Mike said. "The guy that was with me said, 'Who is up on the catwalk?' and I said 'Well, nobody.'"

The man told Mike again that someone was looking at them.

"When I looked up, I saw a black figure looking at me," Mike said. "I walked up there to look and didn't see anything. I got chills and did not go back up there again until the second investigation."

Mike had not returned to the catwalks of the Hippodrome until last year, during the investigation.

During the first investigation, MCPI found mists that were unaccounted for and they caught voices using extremely sensitive digital recorders.

When one team was leaving the area so another team could investigate, the leaving team said, "We are leaving now. Have a good show."

The response recorded was, "That you must see."

Cindy Jacobson, founder and investigator of MCPI, uses a sensitive flashlight to communicate with spirits. She sets the flashlight down so that the spirits can touch it and make it flash.

"I like to use the flashlight," Cindy said. "You loosen the back of it and make it real sensitive and sometimes I seem to get responses to questions I ask."

Cindy said she uses the flashlight to ask yes/no questions. She tells the spirits to flash the lights once for yes, twice for no. She said she had very good results during the investigation at the Hippodrome.

"Just as soon as a question came out of my mouth, the flashlight would come on," Cindy said.

During the second investigation, MCPI collected voice evidence and also recorded images with a thermal camcorder that registers hot and cold images. Mike said there is a theory that spirits are different temperatures.

"So wherever they are at, they are showing a cold signature or a hot signature, according to what kind of spirit it is," Mike said.

The camcorder records cold areas as a dark, bluish gray, and it picked up a thermal image in the shape of a person in the balcony at the Hippodrome.

"The one in the balcony I got it to where you could see it. This blue figure [was] walking up and down the aisle and around the seats," Mike said.

Cindy said she firmly believes the Hippodrome is haunted, especially because of the evidence collected by the thermal camcorder.

"That is one of the things that convinced me. We don't catch things like that very often," Cindy said. Burns said while he is excited about the certification, he is not surprised.

"We got certification on something I already knew," Burns said. "So it didn't make a difference to me if we actually got certified."

Cristina Uptmore, the box office manager, said she has not experienced anything unusual in the theater.

"In a theater you hear things and it's an old building. It's creaky," Uptmore said. "I have never attributed it to paranormal activity, but it creeps you out just the same."

"I was surprised when they certified us, but you know, who knows if there is another dimension of life that no one knows about?" Uptmore said. "Its kind of fun, though, thinking about it." The investigative team also heard loud, unaccounted-for bangs. Mike compared it to someone dropping a 200-pound weight on the floor.

MCPI has also investigated the Dr Pepper Museum.

Mary Beth Webster, the collections manager for the Dr Pepper Museum, said the museum was certified as haunted in June 2009.

Webster said the toilets in the museum flush when no one is in the bathroom.

"When they investigated the museum building, they got some really good video footage of light orbs," Webster said. "They are professionals and they can distinguish between specks of dust and a light orb that is lit from within. They captured light orbs traveling through the museum. One was in the soda fountain area and one was on the second floor."

Mike said there is some uncertainty in the paranormal field. He said researchers are trying to find why some spirits pass on and why some spirits stay on earth.

"Some are afraid to receive judgment, some may not know what they are doing, some may have not finished what they started," Mike said.

He said violent deaths are the worst to investigate because the spirits may not know they are dead or they may want revenge.

"This is something we are trying to find out," Mike said.

Source : Baylor.edu, le site d'une université américaine. :eh:

Comment ce genre d'article peut-il se retrouver publié sur le site d'une université ?

Répondre en citant  
Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 1 message ] 

Le fuseau horaire est réglé sur UTC+1 heure